Philadelphia Injury Lawyer and Best Practices-Part 3
DEMAND LETTER AND SETTLEMENT
When you finish your medical treatment, you will need to gather all of the documentation relating to your damages. This includes:
- ·photographs of your injuries and property damage;
- ·the property damage appraisal;
- ·your medical bills and reports;
- ·a wage loss statement from your employer;
- ·a disability statement from your doctor regarding your lost time from work; and,
- ·any other proof of your losses and damages.
You will need to prepare a letter in which you fully describe your losses and damages. This is sent to the defendant’s insurance company. You must forward all of your proof of losses and damages with that letter. The settlement process is discussed in Chapter 8 of my book, Winning Personal Injury Claims.
If you are not satisfied with the insurance company’s settlement offer, the next step is to file a lawsuit. In almost every case it is in the best interest of a plaintiff to hire an attorney at this point. If you wish to continue to litigate your personal injury claim on your own, Chapter 9 will help you become familiar with the process of filing a lawsuit.
To find the best Philadelphia injury lawyer.